Wednesday, July 05, 2006

What is Colin Farrington on about

Simon Collister expresses some of the frustrations that certainly this Fellow of the Institute has felt for some time with the CIPR 's present understanding of cyberspace.

I offered to to run member courses and discover that I am not on the list of trainers. The sum total of CIPR Social Media contributions is the freshly squeezed twenty minute talks.

I offered to update the CIPR/PRCA Internet Commission (Which I chaired in 1999/2000) work. Not needed.

Before the CIPR presidents blog was launched I commented in person and on-line on the need for a strategy.

When launched I made some comments about how one might imagine the footwork behind the scenes.

Last week, I suggested ways that such an institution might approach new media.

The answer to Simon's post is that there are people involved in the CIPR who have to understand that, as with the Web (which I invited members to address at the IPR Annual Conference in 1995) , the Chartered Institute members are about to miss a major opportunity. The rest of the PR industry is less reticent.


For CIPR I suspect:


Suddenly, the president started a blog.The proverbial golf course conversation had persuaded him that this was a spiffing idea.It went against all the tenets of Public Relations. It did not serve the aims of the organisation other than to offer ..........



Colin, Anne, It is time to talk to some people who do 'get it' People like Anne Gregory, Mark Adams, Alison Clark, Roy Lipski and Simon Collister.




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:22 pm

    Did you offer to become a sponsor? I'll wager all sorts of opportunities will arise...

    ReplyDelete