Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Technolgy is finding out if you are to be trusted online

I have been looking at the Google Quality Score process. It examines the experience of consumers as they click through to a site as part of the Google AdWords product.

I thought that it would be interesting to think of this process in terms of whether a web site could be considered trustworthy. In a commons of interest sort of way, yes it can.

If one extends this idea to content such as a press release..... yes you get where I am coming from. The is an application that suggests that 'If I get a press release from this organisation, it is probably an extension of the truth' or 'Its propbably trustworthy'.

Very handy if you are a hard pressed publisher wanting to serve up only worthwhile content to your journalists' RSS feed.

I would bet a fortune that a 'Trust barometer' using the Google API will pop up pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment