Saturday, October 14, 2006

More political bloggers - an opportunity

CEN reports that MP Richard Spring, whose constituency includes Newmarket and Haverhill, has opened an internet blog - an online diary.

He said: "I believe blogs will take political communication to the next level in Britain over the next few years.

"The better blogs are already beginning to set the agenda on political issues, break key stories and most of all, make politics entertaining without trivialising the process. I have always strived to be at the heart of new political developments and that is why I shall be blogging on a regular basis with my views, thoughts, stories - and occasional rants - from Parliament on issues that matter to me and that matter to my constituents.

There is an interesting opportunity here. If an MP is a blogger, they are a channel for communication and influencing their content is a useful channel for PR activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment