Thursday, September 21, 2006

Manchester WiMax

There is a rumour going round that English conerbation round Manchester (2.2 million people) is to get high Speed wireles Internet access. It looks like this could be a competitors to existing services both in terms of speed and reach.

Compared to the feint hearted Wimax offerings eleswhere (slow, patchy and tentative Milton Keynes is an example - where whole villages are still on dial up - Nash being an example) , The manchester service could compete on comparable terms with the likes of BT.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:38 pm

    I've got it!!!!
    Broadband over landlines is hardly comparable to the licensed EyeWiMAX network in Manchester. I signed up two months ago for a true 2MB download and 768kb upload connection for £25. I've never had downtime in speeds and my upload is three time faster than anything I used to get on a landline. It has been a cost effective way for me to get an equivalent of a leased line which would have cost me much more. They have much faster duplex connections available but I didn't need any faster than the tariff I chose.
    I reckon it wont be long before the rest of the county reaps the benefits of the service.

    Danny
    Manchester City Centre

    ReplyDelete