What journalist given the choice between a New Media Release and releases currently in use would opt for the old one?
There is no choice. Press releases as we know it will continue for several years but will progressively become less effective, less used and less relevant as the media builds its new publishing model on a combination of on-line and print.
This week the NMR podcast introduced some applications of New Media Release.
The gene is out of the bottle.
Links to the top topics on NMR podcast covered can be followed here:
- Todd Defren’s post, “Top 5 Principles of the Social Media News Release”
- New media release principles applied to Chevy Super Bowl College Ad Challenge
- SpiralFrog new media release #1
- SpiralFrog new media release #2
- Shift Communications new media release on winning the Novell AOR business
- Shift Communications’ social media release for Novell
- New Media Release wiki
- Google Groups mailing list for New Media Release discussion (please join!)
Here is a practical example of how a newspaper generates, re-purposed copy from a NMR. we have to be able to offer content like this as well as the 1000 word backgrounder or knowldege resourse generated via this technology and posed to del.icio.us for added depth.